Listed below is a sample of applications programmed by our staff.
- Biomass Spatial Analysis Tool (BSAT): An ArcGIS-based package to spatially assess potential available biomass for bio-fuel production from forest harvest operations. Developed for the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources to provide strategic-level spatial information based on existing or planned harvest and forest inventory. More ...
- Conservation Lands Query Tool (CLQT): An ArcGIS-based package to to query, analyze and map area subject to forest policy and guideline restrictions to quantify conservation lands in the managed forest of Canada. This package is currently in use by member companies of the Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC). More ...
- OFIA Volume Analysis Tool (VAT): An ArcGIS-based package to assess the spatial impact of forest policy and guideline restrictions on timber volume. This tool was developed for the Ontario Forest Industries Association (OFIA) and its member companies
- FEC Prediction Tool: A GIS and statistical tool developed for Bowater Inc. to predict Forested Ecosite for Individual Tree Crown (ITC) forest inventory using ITC species composition, DEM-based terrain indices, soils and surficial geology.
- Forest Stand Growth Prediction Module: An ArcObjects / SQL-based module developed with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Space Imaging to predict forest stand growth and yield.
- Boreal Forest Landscape Dynamics Simulator (BFOLDS): Windows-based model to simulate long-term natural fire regime and species/aging patterns based on stochastic simulation and mechanistic fire growth and spread.
- Marketing Survey Data Management and Analysis System: A system developed in SAS to import results of marketing surveys, calculate brand use and loyalty statistics and relationships, and generate summary charts and graphics in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Landscape Ecological Analysis Package (LEAP II): Windows/ArcInfo-based package to analyze and monitor landscape pattern indices. This tool is used by forest managers and researchers in over 50 countries.
- GIS-based Ranking System for Pine (GRASP): MapInfo-based package and integrated data set used by policy developers, forest managers, and non-governmental agencies to develop old-growth strategies for Ontario
- Digital Atlas of Ontario's Forest Fire History: Windows/MapObjects-based package and integrated data set to query and display historic fire data from 1920 - 1995.