Listed below is a sample of the statistical analysis projects our staff have completed.
- Designed and implemented the Stem Analysis Database Management System as part of the Great Lakes Stem Profile Modelling Project for the Ministry of Natural Resources.
- Generated spatial surfaces of net primary productivity for the province of Ontario, using AVHRR/NDVI, the climate simulator MT-CLIM and the forest productivity model RHESSys.
- Predicted genetic breeding values of selected forest plus-trees using best linear prediction, based on assessments of family field tests, for the purpose of rouging seed orchards and making next-generation selections.
- Analyzed the effects of flower induction and accelerated growth regimes on the cone and seed production of white pine, black spruce and jack pine grafts and seedlings.
- Assessed damage to forest plantations caused by white pine weevil and the jack pine shoot borer, and the assessing genetic (family) basis of resistance to these pests.